Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
Request an Appointment
See a Provider
Related Care Providers
Find a Team
Related Care Locations
Find a Location
Illness Management and Recovery (IMR) is a service that provides information, support and skills to help consumers manage their mental illness and move forward in their own recovery process. IMR group meets once a week at Community Hospital.
An evidence-based practice, IMR gives consumers information about mental illness and coping skills to help them:
- Manage their illnesses
- Develop goals
- Make informed decisions about their treatment
Why Participate in IMR?
Knowledge empowers people. The more people understand basic facts about their mental illnesses, the better equipped they are to speak for themselves and take an active role in their recovery.
How Does IMR Work?
- Consumers define recovery: IMR practitioners help consumers define recovery for themselves and identify personally meaningful recovery goals.
- Information is power: Education about mental illnesses is the foundation of informed decision making.
- Collaboration is key: Practitioners help consumers build social networks and engage supporters in activities that promote recovery.
- Plans can help prevent relapses: Consumers learn new strategies to help them manage their symptoms, cope with stress and significantly imporve their lives.
- Illness management strategies work: Consumers learn new strategies to help them manage their symptoms, cope with stress and significantly improve their lives.